Why Work With Us
Our donors love to work with Manatee Community Foundation because we are responsive, knowledgeable and committed to helping them find their sweet spot in giving.
When you create a charitable fund at Manatee Community Foundation, you specify its charitable purpose and 100% of your gift is tax-deductible to the fullest extent. The name of your fund can be your name, the name of a loved one, or another name that allows you to be anonymous in your giving.
There are many benefits of working with Manatee Community Foundation.
- We offer tax-wise giving options. You can establish a fund at Manatee Community Foundation with gifts of cash, appreciated stock, real estate, life insurance and other assets and receive immediate tax benefits.
- We offer flexibility in your giving. Your fund can focus on specific organizations; specific missions such as human services, health, animal welfare, education, the environment, or arts; or very general philanthropic interests depending on what is most important to you.
- We know local nonprofits and community needs. Our staff team is familiar with the nonprofit organizations and the needs in our community and can provide as much (or as little) guidance as you like in helping your philanthropy make the biggest difference
- We honor and protect your intentions. Establishing a fund at Manatee Community Foundation includes a signed legal document. It is our job to make sure that donor intent is always preserved, both now and in the future.
- We offer professionalism and cost-effectiveness in giving. Because we pool numerous funds, you benefit from economies of scale for investment and administration. Our investments are overseen by leading financial institutions and an investment committee including volunteers selected for their financial expertise.